A global law firm is looking for a fully qualified Financial Controller taking on a very hands on managemement role with a large focus on managing the Partnership Accounting team.
This is a hybrid role and the firms does not need someone from a pure partnership accounting background, but they do want a senior legal finance professional, who is qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA, who has experience leading/ managing a team.
Key responsibilities: -
- Cultivate robust procedures to guarantee that all balance sheets are correctly reconciled
- To assist with settlement of past years' accounts including quarterly and annual Partner accounts
- Communicate with various members of the team to discuss issues between central and local office books
- Deal with matters concerning reconciliation of overseas office tax reserves
- Work alongside the tax department to verify expenditure
- Ensure that the offices have charged non-tax deductible amounts and reconcile the amount
- To help with the calculation of Partners' quarterly distribution, question and resolve any anomalies concerning these distributions
- Assist with reconciliation of accounts in UK ledgers
Key requirements: -
- Must be a qualified accountant and have experience working in a law firm.
- Strong people / management skills (managing a team of 11 people)
- Proven experience in a professional and busy finance environment
- Knowledge of partnership accounts/ tax.