We are currently working a top 10 accountancy practice who is looking for a candidate whom is after an exciting and new opportunity with a firm that is continuously growing.
Within this role you will supervise the day-to-day activities of the financial and management accounts functions and to assist the Financial Controller in providing high quality management, statutory and regulatory information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in order for the firm to meet its regulatory and financial obligations.
- Supervising and providing support to the team in the preparation of monthly management accounts, KPI's and other relevant financial information ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times and reporting deadlines are met.
- Monthly balance sheet control procedures and reconciliations.
- Overseeing quarterly forecasting for the business and its support unit and producing the quarterly bank covenant report for the firm to comply with our banking obligations.
- Overseeing the preparation of quarterly VAT returns for the firm and certain of its UK subsidiaries to include review. Liaise with HR and payroll provider where necessary.
- Preparing accurate financial information, statistical and other analytical reports as required by the CFO, Director of Finance, Financial Controller and other the Senior members of the firm.
- Effective management of the financial and management team so that the team is high performing and meeting internal objectives. This includes the development of the team in order to achieve and support the department's objectives.
- Completing staff appraisals in accordance with the firm's policies setting individual objectives and monitoring performance
- Support the financial controller in:
- ensuring the functions of the financial reporting team is run in an efficient and professional manner at all times
- providing efficient and effective management reporting information to the stakeholders within the business
- supporting on technical issues arising through the implementation of new UK and International Accounting Standards affecting the firm as well as the change in the business environment
- planning and managing the production of statutory accounts production and its subsidiaries to include liaising with the external auditors and resolving issues
- annual budget setting exercise and monitor variances to actual expenditure thereafter on a continual basis and liaising with budget holders, as required
- assist in the production of daily and monthly reports for cash flow management
- You will have proven experience in a supervisory role and professional services environment and be ideally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), or, willing to study for the qualification
- Familiar with management reporting and budget setting processes within a professional service firm
- High level of computer skills and have the ability to use various financial reporting as well as practise management systems
- Flexible in approach to work and willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing business
- Proven planning and decision making capabilities within a results driven environment
- Good personal organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise own work flow as well as others
- Knowledge and experience of SORP, IFRS and Unit 4 Business World (formerly Agresso) would be desirable
- Mentors individuals on personal and technical development
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately with an updated CV.