As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for a leading a team in the London and in their EMEA offices, monitoring performance, motivating them and carrying out appraisal (some travel required). You will also act as the COFA for the firm and ensure compliance with the SRA accounts rules, liaising with the firms COLP and attend internal audit committee meetings.
Day to day finance duties include:
- Ensure financial controls are maintained in London and EMEA. Ensure accrual general ledger control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis; bank reconciliations are prepared for all accounts and reviewed monthly.
- Maintain control over treasury. Review cash flow forecasts on a frequent basis; ensure sufficient funding is available in all EMEA bank accounts; liaise with the treasury team regularly.
- Drafting statutory accounts for the UK LLP and other UK entities; prepare annual accounting.
- Provide support and training on budget setting to the EMEA management team; set the EMEA budget for cost centres.
- Review EMEA management accounts on a monthly basis analysing profit and loss variances and reviewing balance sheets to identify issues
- Attending Directors meeting and Practice group meetings.
- Present to trainees and newly qualified associates as part of training
- Lead the Partner Capital program for the UK, France and Greece.
To be successful in your application for the position, you will need to be a fully qualified accountant, with experience working within a law firm (to be able to fulfil the role of COFA). You will need to have experience leading and managing a team, and be able to work flexibility to be able to travel internationally when required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a top law firm, in a dynamic and fast paced environment/ team.