My client is a London based Law Firm who pride themselves in diversity and providing the best market-leading advice across a wide range of sectors. The firm are looking for an ambitious Finance Assistant to join their Accounts Payable team.
You will be responsible for the office account transactions and assisting the finance team with general enquiries. This role is ideal for someone who has experience of working in a law firm and is looking to progress their career in finance & accounting.
- Posting of all firm invoices and reconciling supplier statements
- Posting of counsel fees and reconciling fee notes
- Dealing with office receipts and ensuring all disbursements are paid out
- Posting of partner and staff expense claims ensuring correct GL coding and VAT coding
- Dealing with payment runs to include all firm invoices
- Posting of partner drawings
- Daily cheque runs to ensure all payments are made on time for anticipated disbursements
- Petty cash claims and reconciling on a weekly basis
- Posting of Land Registry, TM Searches, Companies House and other recharges
- Assisting with other month end processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Good working knowledge of Solicitors Account Rules
- Good excel skills
- Previous experience of working in a Law Firm
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.