|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£46000 - £65000 per annum|
Very exciting Finance Analyst position has opened up in a Top 50 International Law firm, supporting the Commercial Finance team and their Divisional Business Managers. The role is initial a 6 month FTC basis however these are new head count roles so could go on for longer.
You will be instrumental in providing analysis and reporting to help develop the firm's strategy and deliver insightful management information, together with assisting in business planning and development of the firm's reporting framework. In particular, working to enable the team to harness the best insights and develop reporting from the firm's new global practice management system.
Your key areas of focus will include:
- Perform financial review and analysis of operating units across the firm, liaising with business stakeholders as appropriate
- Complete ad hoc analysis and reporting in response to requests for information from partners and senior management
- Assist in the design of financial reports and work closely with the Reporting development/Analytics team to build and deliver these reports
- Assist in the development of the firm's accounting, budgeting and forecasting processes and contribute to Financial Management department projects
- Proactively interrogate the firm's data to perform pertinent analysis, supporting and influencing the actions of business decision makers
- Monitor external economic and industry trends and assess in the context of the firm's performance and business information needs
- Build effective cross-team/department relationships to improve communication and understanding of information needs across the business
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven ability and experience in a similar analyst position within a law firm ideally, wider professional services might be considered.
- Relevant accounting qualification an advantage but not essential
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Proactive approach, highly motivated, setting and meeting challenging goals
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work flexibly within a broad team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing, with all levels of staff, including non-finance staff