|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
This role will support the Group Finance team with the aim of delivering financial information, analysis and advice that will make a genuine difference to decision making and financial performance. A key focus for this role will be to provide support to the Legal Project Management (LPM) team, which primarily involves assisting with the implementation of legal project management principles and tools at the firm.
- Administration of the LPM Budget Tracking Tool (the firm's custom developed LPM budget monitoring and reporting tool), ensuring all new requests for matters are correctly set up from flagging in Elite (the firm's practice management system), assigning of access rights to users, setting matter specific criteria, use of appropriate task codes and working together with the partners / lawyers to update historic time entries, and dealing with any queries once the matters are up and running.
- Assisting with determining any new requirements for the LPM Budget Tracking Tool and liaising with the Legal Project Management and Technology teams in order to review, test and implement the required change
- Assisting with enhancing our Client Reporting capabilities by working together with partners / lawyers to improve the reporting functionality of the LPM Budget Tracking Tool and tailoring reports for clients where required.
- Data analysis: Analysis of past and current matters as required and assisting the pricing and other departments
- Perform financial analysis (KPI drivers, trend analysis, commercial drivers) which includes the writing and delivery of commentaries to management teams and the creation and delivery of PowerPoint presentations to support regular regional or practice group meetings as well as partner conferences as required
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of data to show trends and support business cases (including scenario modelling)
- Provide cover and support to the other analyst in the team whose role is more reporting focused. This might include involvement in:
- Quarterly accounts process
- Regular monthly management reporting
- Calculation of client and partner profitability
Skills required for the role include having the ability to influence key stakeholders, building rapport with the finance team and teams outside of finance. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and look up is required as well as strong analytical skills. Experience working in a finance team within a law firm will be preferred however, someone with data analysis work within professional services will also be considered. If this sounds like you, apply now!