A leading independent law firm is looking for a Finance Administrator to join their Finance department. Your main responsibility will be to provide administrative support to the Finance team. You will be expected to have a great deal of organisation skills along with excellent communication skills and the confidence to deal with external and internal clients.
Key responsibilities: -
- Generating regular credit control reminder letters, emails and statements to clients, as instructed by the Senior Credit Controller and following up in a timely manner. Entering and maintaining notes in the Collections system and ensuring that any emails are dealt with promptly, escalating queries as appropriate
- Monitoring the firm's bills bank account for incoming credits, making transfers as necessary, using the online banking system as well as banking cheques received in payment of invoices. Entering receipts into our practice management system
- Taking card payments via the telephone from clients in settlement of invoices.
- Responsibility for one of the firm's smaller client accounts, dealing with the banking of cheques and any payments out of the account. Reconciling the bank account daily and following up with fee earners and secretaries for any outstanding reconciling items
- Assisting the Accounts Payable Clerk with posting any payments, for example courier and online search fees
- Answering both the Accounts and Credit Control team helpline, dealing with queries or passing them onto the appropriate person for follow up/action
Key requirements: -
- Someone ambitious with a desire to gain experience within a legal finance department to assist them in their future career.
- Flexible, open and friendly worker to join a close-knit team.
- Excellent, confident telephone manner and good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Highly flexible individual who can prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Maths and English qualifications to a high standard would be an advantage as well as any on-going financial qualifications.
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.