Divisional Business Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
The Role: Divisional Business Manager
The Opportunity: As the Divisional Business Manager, you will work with the heads of department across the firm including Finance, Funds and Restructuring (FFR) Division Head (DH) and FFR Practice Heads (PHs). You would implement divisional strategy, work closely with business managers and ensure the efficient operational management of the global division.
The Firm: A Leading International law firm with a respected reputation. Top firm with outstanding London offices and excellent facilities.
The Team: Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Finance and liaising regularly with the heads of department, practice partners and other senior level staff.
* Maximising financial performance, efficiency and financial discipline
* Client and matter pricing and profitability management
* Divisional profit and loss account management
* Divisional planning, budgets and forecasting
* Provide advice on fee proposals and pitches working closely with partners, Commercial Finance and Business Development teams
* Create upfront financial plans for specific legal projects, including consideration of alternative pricing structures, service levels and resourcing requirements
* Monitor activity levels and advise the DH/PHs of over or under capacity in different areas of the business
* Oversee working capital exposure, working with the central Financial Management team to ensure that lock-up is being managed in accordance with targets, including a particular focus on ensuring that large or old balances are being properly addressed
- ACA, ACCA or MBA.
- Strong commercial financial background.
- A proven ability to deliver quality analysis, solutions and advice at senior management level.
- Experience in professional services environment, and business partnering in particular, desirable.