A top Law Firm is looking for a Disbursement Assistant who has excellent knowledge in Solicitors Accounts Rules. Your main responsibility will be to ensure that all professional disbursement invoices are posted in an efficient, effective and accurate manner.
Key responsibilities: -
- Undertaking reconciliations on receipt of counsel fee notes to ensure accurate and timely postings avoiding any inaccuracies or unaccounted entries and ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Supervising other Disbursement Assistants in the team
- Inputting of transactions on behalf of the finance department, providing corporate governance and financial control
- Ensuring that professional disbursements are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with provisions of the SARs and with adherence to GAAP, VAT legislation and the firms internal controls
- Obtaining relevant feedback in order to advise on improvements to the processes of the team and actively promoting the finance function
- Establishing and managing effective relationships with external suppliers
- Interacting with a wide range of contacts at different levels, requiring an awareness of own impact on others and an adjustment of behaviour accordingly
- Providing commercial and legislative advice as appropriate
Key requirements: -
- At least 5 GSCE grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working in a commercial environment with experience of accounts payable. Experience of a legal environment and knowledge of professional disbursements an advantage.
- To be able to demonstrate the application of best practice together with a commercial approach.
- To be able to demonstrate experience of building successful relationships.
- Very good working use of Microsoft office.
- Ability to advise on system functionality and transactions.
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.