Director - Business Services and Accountancy (Bristol)
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£85000.00 - £110000 per annum|
An exciting Director level opportunity with a top 6 accountancy practice has become available for an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate with solid audit/assurance experience. This role will sit within the Business Services and Accountancy business, driving growth and development of the team.
Purpose of the role:-
The purpose of this role is to support the partners of the Business Services and Accountancy team in leading the accounting business. Your key focus will be on reviewing and signing high volumes of files whilst developing teams working beneath you. You will also be responsible for being able to identify and act on any issues faced by the team, ensuring high levels of client satisfaction at all times.
- Delivering the strategy whilst working closely with other partners and directors as a combined senior management team. Able to share and develop the strategic plans of the Business Services and Accountancy business with the wider team.
- Have the ability to develop and implement strategy, thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to improve our business. Taking the initiative to deliver change and challenge strategic plans where necessary.
- Take leadership of own strategic focus area and deliver on plans, remaining operational and ensuring good level of communication.
- Able to turn strategy into workable plans and engaging with the relevant internal teams.
- Taking full responsibility for the delivery of allocated client assignments and at least one operational area within the business.
- Client work will include final quality assurance and the approval of delivery items in accordance with specific technical and operational requirements. Technical capability in assigned area.
- Direct the management of risk and quality as well as taking a senior management role to ensure the delivery of first-class standards. Collaborating, innovation and change.
- Able to direct service delivery including processes, project management and technology deliverables to a first class level.
- Continuously seek ways in which project delivery and client service can be improved.
- ACA / ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- You will either be a Director or very experienced Senior Manager in a large accounting practice with significant experience of delivering audit or assurance services to major clients
- You must have experience in managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- You will have proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
Please note that flexible working arrangements are on offer to the right candidate.
If this is of interest, please apply with your updated CV and a summary of your key transferable skills.