A well established, international Law firm are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join their team in London. This is an exciting opportunity in a hands on role, it is a 12 month Maternity cover in a great team.
Duties will include:
- Chasing all unpaid invoices for their allocated London Practice Area and international offices.
- Liaising on a monthly basis with Partners and Fee Earners in respect of all outstanding bills.
- Agreeing with Partners, setting up and monitoring, fee payment schemes to ensure collection of debt. Liaising with the Revenue Manager when the schedule is breached.
- Dealing with clients via telephone and email.
- Maintaining relevant notes regarding debtors on the in-house credit control system.
- Attending regular meetings alongside management to review Partners' ledgers.
- Generating credit checks and liaising with Partners on any potential issues.
- Responsible for checking all worldwide bills have been be sent to clients and the status being updated on the Credit Control system ready for chasing on the agreed payment date.
- Assisting Legal Cashier with cash allocations.
- Preparing paperwork, explanation and authorisation for any debt write offs.
- Overseeing the issue of credit notes and reissued invoices provided to the Revenue Controller having received authorisation with the client/Partner.
- Dealing with client requests for copy bills.
- Resolving queries directly with clients where possible, discussing with Partners if necessary and ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly.
- Generating Audit Reports requested by clients.
- Working closely with overseas' Credit Controllers to ensure internal processes are correctly followed.
- Alerting Revenue Manager of any debts that not progressing as required.
Prior Law firm experienced is required, they need somebody that can come on board and hit the ground running. Please apply if your experience is in line with the above.