The Role: Credit Controller
The Opportunity: As credit controller, you will ensure that WIP is billed in a timely manner and monies owed to the firm are collected promptly to maximize a firm's cash flow. You will liaise regularly with partners and fee earners to review debtor balances and report directly to the finance director.
The Firm: A widely respected London law firm with stunning offices
- To add notes into the credit control system following partner meetings and action write-offs or chase clients as instructed;
- Set cash collection targets by the department on a monthly basis;
- Contact clients directly regarding a settlement of their bills;
- Meet a limited number of clients on a quarterly basis to review their aged debt position;
- Initiate and manage proceedings against poor payers, using an external debt collection agency where necessary;
- Preparation of monthly statements to clients;
- Review funds held on client account where there are outstanding bills;
- Suggest improvements to processes within the department;
- Assist with processing invoices on the system at month end;
- Cover for other members of the team.
- Legal experience essential
- Experience in managing WIP and debt
- Experience of Aderant and/or ARCS preferable