You will work as part of the Credit Control Team, alongside the Billing and Cashiering teams, to help provide a highly effective and efficient Credit Control to the Firm. You will liaise with fee earners to reduce debtor days and report to the assistant credit control manager
The Firm: A leading law firm with a fantastic reputation and excellent London offices.
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased and ensuring that the debtors are contacted
- Ensuring the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary
- Attaining and maintaining cash collection targets
- Producing and ensuring the prompt, accurate delivery of statements and reminder letters to debtors
- Monitoring the status of large unpaid bills before they become overdue to assist the Firms cash flow
- Forwarding statements and copy bills to Lawyers and Client Partners as required
- To resolve collection issues, updating the accounts system (billing details etc.) and liaising with other accounts processing teams
- Responding to information requests promptly, referring any complex queries to the Assistant Credit Control Manager
- To check and dispatch new invoices promptly
- To work closely with the Billing Team and Revenue Team to ensure the prompt and accurate delivery of bills
- Experience of Credit Control, Ideally in a legal or professional services environment
- Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3E or similar financial systems