A highly reputable Legal firm are recruiting for a Costs Draftsman to join their team in London. The main function of this role will be providing support to the billing team and fee earners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting bills of costs
- Drafting cost budgets
- Drafting schedules of costs
- Preparation of statement of costs
- Preparation of costs estimates
- Negotiating settlement of costs
- Requesting default costs certificates and provisional assessment
- CCMS Billing
- Bills of costs for Court assessment for payment by the LAA
- Bills of costs to be recovered from a paying/losing party and the LAA
- Appeals against LAA assessments and rejections
- Representation at court for review and assessment hearings
- Fixed fee claims
- Defendant costs orders
- Preparation of representations/ appeals against assessments
- Training and support for fee earners
- Create and maintain a library of costs laws and procedures
- Assist with creating and maintaining training materials
Prior experience of costs drafting with legal is required for this position. You will need to be organised and efficient with the ability to use your own initiative. A friendly, approachable style is desired alongside lots of enthusiasm.
Please apply if the role is of interest.