Corporate Finance Management Accounting, Assistant Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£42000 - £47000 per annum|
A management accounting opportunity has come up with a top 6 accountancy practice supporting their Corporate Finance, M&A team.
The main purpose of this role is to support the M&A team in managing the financial and operational performance of the group on a day-to-day basis and to provide relevant support, advice and guidance to the partners and staff members of this team.
- Regular liaison with the central Finance function, overseeing the month end and year end processes.
- Overseeing regular management reporting, making sure that billings, variances and journals are posted into the firm's finance systems in a timely manner
- Monthly financial analysis and reporting to the Partners and the Group Financial Controller to enable informed planning and decision making
- Managing the Group's annual budget, which includes liaising with the M&A Partners and central Finance team as appropriate and overseeing the input of the data into the Firm's budget model
- Assist in the production and preparation of Group business plans and support the partners in identifying and developing strategy for the group and individual sub-streams
- Project pipeline management - having an overview and control over project pipeline management, with control between project pipeline and fee forecasts.
- Regular update of the project pipeline and new leads dashboard to be sent to the M&A Partners once per month.
- Providing support in respect of the preparation for meetings, away days and presentations, where appropriate
- Co-ordinating the agenda for the monthly Group's Partner meeting, providing active participation in these meeting
- Monthly newsletter to be sent to the MA stream including financial updates, pipeline updates, people updates, marketing, knowledge and risk&quality updates
- You will have a university degree and be either a Qualified accountant or have relevant financial experience
- You will have 4+ years of relevant working experience gained from within the Professional Services space
- You must be able to engage, inspire and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- You must be able to handle/process confidential information in a sensitive manner
- You will have proven project management skills with a collaborative and participative approach
- You will be capable of contributing to the strategic agenda with strong operational skills
- You will have strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
If this is of interest, please apply with an updated CV.