Corporate Finance Management Accounting, Assistant Manager
A management accounting opportunity has come up with a top 6 accountancy practice supporting their Corporate Finance, M&A team.
The main purpose of this role is to support the M&A team in managing the financial and operational performance of the group on a day-to-day basis and to provide relevant support, advice and guidance to the partners and staff members of this team.
- Regular liaison with the central Finance function, overseeing the month end and year end processes. Overseeing regular management reporting, making sure that billings, variances and journals are posted into the firm's finance systems in a timely manner
- Monthly financial analysis and reporting to the Partners and the Group Financial Controller to enable informed planning and decision making. It includes budget, rolling forecast, key performance indicators and analysis of variances
- Managing the Group's annual budget: liaising with the M&A Partners and central Finance team as appropriate and overseeing the input of the data into the Firm's budget model
- Assist in the production and preparation of Group business plans and support the partners in identifying and developing strategy for the group and individual sub-streams; providing support in driving through these strategic decisions.
- Project pipeline management: Having an overview and control over project pipeline management, with control between project pipeline and fee forecasts.
- Regular update of the project pipeline and new leads dashboard to be sent to the M&A Partners once per month. The sales pipeline will have to be regularly shared with the Private Equity Team and the Marketing Team in order to support a One-Firm approach to the business and lead to profitability increase.
- Providing support in respect of the preparation for meetings, away days and presentations, where appropriate
- Co-ordinating the agenda for the monthly Group's Partner meeting, providing active participation in these meeting
- Monthly newsletter to be sent to the MA stream including financial updates, pipeline updates, people updates, marketing, knowledge and risk&quality updates
- You will have a university degree and be either a Qualified accountant or have relevant financial experience
- You will have 4+ years of relevant working experience gained from within the Professional Services space
- You must be able to engage, inspire and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- You must be able to handle/process confidential information in a sensitive manner
- You will have proven project management skills with a collaborative and participative approach
- You will be capable of contributing to the strategic agenda with strong operational skills
- You will have strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
If this is of interest, please apply with an updated CV.