Compliance Manager (candidates with straight audit background)
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a top 10 accountancy practice for a strong audit candidate who's wanting to move away from an audit external role, and move into an internal audit compliance role.
The Compliance Department aims to ensure that the firm's business is conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards set by regulators and legislators. The department identifies, assesses, advises on, monitors and reports on the firm's compliance risk. Compliance risk is the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, financial loss, or loss to reputation that the firm may suffer as a result of its failure to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct and standards of good practice.
- Carry out cold file reviews and/or ISA 600 reviews to assess the compliance of the audit file with the Audit Regulations. Prepare a detailed list of findings by using a tailored checklist. Obtain responses from the partners (Responsible Individuals) and the audit managers and subsequently hold debrief meetings with them, initially at least to involve the Principal Manager, to draw out learning points
- Prepare a final report with an adequate and appropriate conclusion to support the grading of each file, issue this final report to the RI, audit manager and audit team for their review
- Consult with Principal Manager on a regular basis with regards to any complex or topical issues that arise whilst performing file reviews
- Make contributions to the annual debrief presentation to all qualified audit personnel and to the presentation of occasional training sessions on Ethics for new joiners and existing personnel
- Monitoring for updates to external requirements
- Be aware of the firm's risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- ACA or ACCA qualified with solid audit experience from within a top 20 accountancy practice
- Fully understand International Standards of Auditing (UK and Ireland) and Ethical standards
- Excellent knowledge of Audit Regulations, IFRS and Companies Act 2006
- Basic understanding of all relevant Financial Reporting Standards is also required
- Audit exposure to clients with over 10 million turnover
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
If this is of interest, please apply with your updated CV.