Commercial Operations Coordinator
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
My client is an international law firm who are lookking for a high calibre graduate / junior apprentice to join their management consultancy firm. This role is ideal for someone who has an interest in finance but is also looking for a varied position where you will be assisting in budgeting, forecasting as well as helping the consultants in marketing, HR and sales. This role will involve travelling around Europe so would suit someone who is billingual.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and revised forecasts to support the strategic business planning process and discussions with investors
- Provide management accounts every quarter and monthly management information.
- Ensuring accurate management and statutory accounts and revenue schedule are available (for all branches) for monthly Board meetings
- Managing the issue and payment of invoices to/from clients, suppliers and business partners
- Helping manage costs, including liaising with accounting, banking, payroll and pension providers.
- Corporate housekeeping, acting as a contact point to provide information in relation to insurance corporate filings and other obligations
- Providing support for Board meetings, including with the agenda and minutes.
- Help manage cash locally and globally
- Provide visibility of capacity for project planning, staffing and recruitment.
- Support business development and sales activities through enabling systems and data (CRM) whilst also helping to on-board consultants/employees, including IT and email systems
- Managing and maintaining document
- A demonstrable understanding of and interest in business management with an international outlook and readiness to work in a multicultural business
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as the ability and willingness to learn how to use new systems (e.g. document management and CRM)
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- An ability to communicate clearly and to listen/understand effectively, including in written work, over the phone and in person
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and able to create a good impression
- Approachable, flexible (including as to hours and in terms of the role itself) and with a practical/common sense approach.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a reliable team player, with a proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to stay calm in often demanding situations and to work well under pressure
- A willingness to learn, expand their knowledge and develop new skills