Chief Financial Officer
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
Interim CFO for top 10 Law Firm - 12 Month Contract - London
Top global law firm are looking for a high calibre and experienced CFO to join the leadership team and lead the firms UK finance function.
This high profile role carries the overall profit and loss account responsibility for the UK, providing quality, front-line finance support to the a few key groups of stakeholders; the London partners and support function directors; the UK alternative business leaders.
As the UK CFO, you will be responsible for leading the UK finance team in:
- Direct management for the three functions making up London Finance (Revenue, Client Money and Procurement) with four direct reports and a team of around 30 staff in London.
- Monitor service from the shared service centre in relation to credit control, accounts payable, eBilling, billing administration and management / financial accounts to ensure that the London office and its partners (and UK alternative businesses) and clients receive a high quality of service.
- Accountability to London partners, and CEOs of alternative businesses for service delivered from UK teams.
- Member of the Global Finance Leadership Team which sets policies and directs Finance activities worldwide.
- Drive improvements in working capital management performance
- Development and implementation of ideas / initiatives reflecting best practice for UK businesses and the global firm. Ensure that firm-wide initiatives are adopted / implemented effectively and appropriately in all the UK businesses.
- Maintenance of close relationships with practice group heads and global Practice Group COOs on all finance related issues.
- Responsible for financial reporting and budgeting, as well as providing finance support for the strategic development of all UK businesses.
- Ultimate responsibility for maintenance of complete and accurate accounting records for the UK businesses, in accordance with IFRS, group accounting policies and procedures through the service delivered by the management accounting team in the SSC.
- Overall responsibility for compliance with UK statutory accounting requirements for c.20 accounting units.
- Supervision and moderation of the budget process for the UK
- Monitoring of performance and cost control in the UK businesses.
- Maximisation of client/matter profitability through setting appropriate rates, at office level, facilitating review and analysis of client/matter statistics, etc.
- Participate in the Finance Shared Services Board
- Deliver courses to UK fee earners to enhance financial awareness and business skills.
- Develop and maintain relationships with finance contacts at key clients to ensure prompt and efficient processing of the firms bills.
- Continually improve the team operational environment and working practices
How to apply
This is an incredible opportunity to secure the top senior finance position at a leading UK firm law firm. We are interested in speaking to you if you are CFO or FD level, have large international business experience, ideally however not essentially, with the legal or professional services sector.
Contact Olivia Kelly, confidentially on 0207 430 7275 / email@example.com