|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£100000 - £120000 per annum|
A top international law firm are looking for a Business Manager to join their expanding and forward thinking team.
As the Business Manager you will act as a Finance Business Partner, providing hands on support and guidance to one of the firm's practice groups and up to two of the firm's key sectors. You will support the firm's strategy and the Group's business plan.
Some of your duties and responsibilities include
- The financial management of the group with a strong focus on profitability
- Budgeting, re-forecasting, financial analysis and reporting
- Pricing of bids, tenders and client proposals
- Implementation of the firm's strategy and the group business plan
- The preparation of information necessary to support proposals for lateral hires and fee earner promotions
- Work as part of a centralised business management/decision support team within Finance to ensure co-consistency of approach
- Work closely with the business manager team to ensure co-ordination between practice group, Sectors and Firmwide.
- Looking at regional objectives and establishing best practice decision support across the firm, including the facilitation of cross group, cross office and cross geography working
- Assist in the development of firm-wide business solutions and processes to meet the current and future requirements of the firm's clients; to adapt those solutions and processes to meet changing market conditions and to ensure a consistently high quality of service throughout the firm
To be successful in this Business Manager position you must have significant experience in a similar role, ideally within a law firm. You must have been involved with Business Strategy and been in a Finance Business Partner role. You must have proven experience of building teams and working with varied and cross-functional teams.
Due to the nature of this role you must have excellent communication skills, be a strategic thinker, a great problem solver, whilst having proven experience of facilitating change. You must be a persuasive presenter, facilitator and negotiator with the gravitas and the ability to engage and gain support throughout the firm.