Business Development Manager
A boutique specialist public services management consultancy is looking to hire Business Development Manager on a permanent basis. The role will require someone who is commercially focused and can help the business to increase sales and profitability of the business.
A main part of the role will be working with and supporting the Sales Directors and delivery team to ensure bids are commercial, competitive, and reflect the firms' philosophy. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for capturing all tender opportunities in the market and then acting appropriately.
- Work with business leaders to create and manage effective proposal strategies, ensuring consistency of quality and timely completion and submission
- Identify and qualify suitable tenders and raise with the Director Team
- Act as a lead bid writer on some bids
- Keep track of work won under procurement frameworks and submit accurate and timely management information
- Upload and submit bid documentation via tender portals
- Review proposed contracts for work, negotiating with client legal teams and liaising with the Chief Executive Officer where necessary
- Work directly with client procurement teams regarding possible procurement routes
- Support the development and improvement of the bid processes in place
- Support Directors with sales campaigns
- Essential to have business development/bids experience within the public sector OR had exposure to the public sector
- Extensive writing skills
- Experience qualifying tenders, completing PQQ's and completing large scale competitive tenders
- Experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
If you're looking for a Bids role at a sector leading business which has a friendly and hardworking culture, then please apply for consideration.