Billing Manager - 12 month FTC
The role will be covering for the existing Billing Manager who is being seconded to work on a finance systems implementation project. This will be a minimum of 12 months to start May/June time ideally.
The Firm: Exciting, city based law firm with varied specialism in real estate, dispute resolution, corporate & commercial and Private client.
- Day to day billing for UK and/or International bills.
- Issuing Credit Notes
- Respond to pro-forma, billing and credit note queries from fee earners and/or secretaries
- Work closely with business managers and assistants to answer queries and follow up action points from fee earners
- Communicate the billings compared to budget regularly throughout the month to Partners and Management Committee
- Managing two Billing Cashiers. This involves managing the team's workload, advising the team when issues arise, motivating the team at month end and providing feedback.
- To perform new joiner induction training when billing cashiers are absent
- To ensure billings follow the current Policies and Procedures (training to be provided)
- To ensure we are compliant with VAT regulations and Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules (SRA AR)
- Reviewing the Firm's Anticipated Disbursements and clearing matters.
- Preparing nominal invoices for certain vendors
- Matter maintenance, write offs and transfers
- Involvement in the Firm wide WIP and unbilled disbursement write off exercise actioning write off instructions.
- Raise e-bills as and when required by the Firm
- Previous supervisory experience essential
- Strong background in legal billing
- Flexible on systems background - however would be beneficial to have exposure to Elite Enterprise, Carpe Diem & ARCS 2G
- Ability to work with fee earners and support staff queries in a timely way
- A positive, committed and 'can-do' attitude
How to apply:
Email me with your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to seeing applications