Global law firm looking for a Billings Assistant to join their finance team in London on a 12 month FTC basis. As the Billing Assistant you will ensure the prompt rendering of the Firm's bills to clients and that procedures are followed within the Firm and ensure compliance with the VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules are adhered to.
As the Billing Assistant, you will be dealing with:
- Raising of bills on the Aderant system;
- Ensure the Firm's billing and credit note procedure is strictly adhered to and that all necessary authorities are obtained;
- Ensure all recorded time on Carpe Diem is captured at time of billing;
- Ensure bills are raised in accordance with client services agreements/ letters of engagements;
- Time and disbursement transfers and write off's;
- Lawyer liaison on Aderant and CD queries;
- Client and matter housekeeping;
- Ensure compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR);
- Ensure compliance with VAT regulations in relation to output tax;
- Provide second line support to the Group Revenue Controllers to ensure write offs and any other matter maintenance issues are actioned promptly
- Provide cover for specific tasks of other team members during periods of absence;
- Production of monthly and quarterly client reports where appropriate
- Ad hoc responsibilities as designated by Team Leader / Line Manager (s).
- Legal billing experience is essential, ideally on Aderant.
- Working knowledge of Solicitor's accounts rules desirable but not essential
- Strong time management skills
- Positive and pro-active approach