|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to £36000.00 per annum|
A Silver Circle law firm is looking for an enthusiastic Legal Biller to join their Finance Department and to take responsibility for the billing of the Firm. You must have a good understanding of VAT regulations, excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Key responsibilities: -
- Day to day billing issuing of bills and credit notes, both UK and International; turning around all bills in a timely manner
- Billing queries. This will involve liaising with Partners, Associates and Secretaries directly
- To diarise any off-cycle billing and raise such issues with line manager.
- To assist the fee earners with any technical difficulties in recording time/billing
- Where appropriate, ensure that particular billing/narrative requirements of each client are accommodated within the practices and protocols of the department as a whole
- To take responsibility for the timely preparation and dispatch of bills on at least a monthly basis (more frequently if requested by the client) and, where possible, to ensure the billing totals meet the monthly targets provided for in the department's budget/forecast
Key requirements: -
- Must have significant billing experience
- Significant experience of a legal accounting system, preferably Aderant/Elite
- Knowledge of VAT regulations
- Awareness of AML regulations that impact on this area of work
- Experience of e-billing is preferable but not essential
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.