|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
Fantastic 12-month contract Billing role available at Top International Law Firm, in their dynamic, fun finance team using Aderant.
Following a restructure in the Working Capital department, the billers now sit with their practice groups that they are responsible for which has seen a big improvement in relationship building, efficiency, and knowledge across the teams.
As a Biller, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and processing of the firm's bills, including a number of complex multi-matter and foreign currency bills.
- Review and ensure the billing guide adequately supports time or disbursements removed, checking the fee allocation shown is in line with the firm's policy and confirming VAT is correct and all necessary compliance checks are completed before posting to ledger.
- Preparing credit notes, account transfers and write-offs.
- Dealing with fee earner and secretary queries on an ongoing basis on all billing related matters including time transfers, fee allocations and write offs.
- Work with the billing team to help review department billing inbox, ensuring all queries are cleared daily.
- Help with any DTE (time recording system) issues, so that time entry remains up to date at all times.
- Provide assistance with chasing missing timesheets within the department.
- Investigate credit balances on disbursements and assist cashiers with reconciliations when required.
- Running and collating WIP reports for Management Team at file manager level, supervising partner level and fee earner level.
- Preparing annual reports for clients for audit purposes.
- Meeting with Working Capital Manager on a regular basis to review billing performance -v- monthly billing target.
- Checking old WIP and write offs for the group.
- Liaising with team secretaries regarding invoices to be sent to clients.
- Managing electronic filing for billing documents to a very high standard, ensuring work is prioritised so that filing levels are maintained and access to data is easily accessible.
Strong knowledge of the billing cycle within a law firm is required for this role, and exposure to Aderant is advantageous, however they will consider someone with Elite or Elite 3e. Team fit is also very important so a good sense of humour as well as a proactive, hardworking approach to your work is key.
Apply now or contact me directly on 0207 430 7275 / firstname.lastname@example.org