Audit Senior Manager - PIE Audits
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65500 - £90000 per annum|
A top performing accountancy practice is currently looking to grow their PIE ("Public Interest Entity") audit team and are looking to bring on high performing senior managers from the big 4 whom have the ambition and potential to progress to partnership.
This opportunity is globally focused and growth is driven the firm's international network.
- To build PIE credentials and support business growth in this area. You will be expected to drive growth in the business and in doing so, you should expect to fuel your career potential and have a fully developed case for partnership within a few years.
- The role will focus on large, international, complex, public interest entity clients and targets, along with coaching and developing teams in this expert area of handling AQR in-scope clients and targets.
- The individual will be provided with a portfolio focussed on large complex clients, but with capacity to be fully involved in the marketing and tendering of PIE opportunities.
- You will be a senior member of the audit group and be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Acting as an audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered - in particular in meeting the highest quality thresholds expected of the FRC's AQR.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate - in particular with a focus on large, international, public interest entities and supporting the Firm's growth in this area.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
- You will currently be a Big 4 with the past 3 years having been based in the UK.
- You will ideally be trained in the UK with ACA/ICAS qualification - or an overseas equivalent.
- At least 4 years post qualified experience - preferably now at Senior Audit Manager grade with the potential and ambition to progress to partner.
- Will be highly regarded and considered on partner track within their existing firm.
- Current focus on international PIE audits and must have PIE audits in their current client portfolio - preferably recent senior experience with FTSE250.
- Experience of dealing directly with the AQR in respect of an audit file review in the past 2 years - preferably graded 2b or above.
- Sector expertise sits secondary to PIE experience, but PIE experience in one of Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Property / Construction, Technology would be an advantage.
- An appetite, and experience, in travelling to overseas to oversee ISA600 group reporting.
- Willing to invest in staff and be key to leading and building further depth in teams focused on PIE work. Team coaching and mentoring skills are key.
If you fit the requirements and are ready for a new challenge, please apply with an updated CV.