Assistant Accountant - Contract
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
The Role: Assistant Accountant - 10/11 month FTC, focusing on Management Accounting - covering a team member who is taking on an internal secondment.
The Firm: Top 10 International Law Firm based in the city, with stunning offices and great facilities.
The Team: Working alongside a team of qualified accountants and one other part qualified accountant
- Calculating and posting into SAP the relevant month end entries, as part of the London month end process
- Working closely with the cost centre managers of the functions to gain a thorough understanding of the cost base and to be
- Provide support through the annual budgeting process
- Assist in preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments for the Business Teams and the London Office.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of regular month end reporting to the Business Teams
- Responsible for inputting of headcount and expenditure into the budget model on behalf of the Business Teams.
- Cashflow Reporting -preparing the daily and weekly cashflow reforecasts and the quarterly roll forward of the cashflow model.
- Review of the monthly depreciation charge. Preparation of the annual depreciation budget and reforecast of depreciation.
- Assist in the regular review of the balance sheet
- Ideally PQ in ACCA/ACA or CIMA
- Hands on management accounts preparation experience
- Open to sector background but professional services would be advantageous
- Needing someone who is proactive with a strong/ confident communication style and good excel skills
- Must be on a short notice period (less than 1 month)