AP & Cashiering Manager
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
AP & Cashiering Manager has become available at a top city law firm
Within the role of AP & Cashiering Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- To take on a leadership role as you aid in the development and management of the London-based Accounts payable & Cashiering team who provide services to London and international offices.
- To enhance the recently implemented Chrome River, as you develop this new system's role within the business.
- Receive appropriate training to fulfil the responsibilities expected of the role of AP Cashiering Manager.
- To utilise your own initiative, as you develop potential skills that would benefit yourself and the firm.
- Build both internal and external relationships and beneficial lines of communication. This includes a close bond with your partners, Fee Earners and Secretaries
- You will work closely with the Finance operations manager to demonstrate and enhance effective ways of working.
- Work with the finance team to guarantee all the coding issues are discussed regularly.
- Building relationships with other firms to share knowledge on best practice.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing the Accounts Payable and Cashiering team.
- To ensure your team's work meets the high-performance standards in agreement with the business as you review their work.
- Monitor and agree KPIs / objectives set for the team and conduct appraisals.
- The arrangement and holding of weekly team-meetings.
- To demonstrate flexibility as you suggest new changes to current processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- To work alongside Partners, Fee Earners and Secretaries to ensure compliance with policies.
- To oversee third party supplier queries and statements, to guarantee they have been reviewed and actioned by the team.
- To provide assurance that training and guidance with is given to Partners, Fee Earners and Secretaries with regards to the expenses system
Cashiering and Client Monies
- To guarantee all cashiering activities are carried out in full compliance with our company policies and SRA rules.
- To review all prior payments that have been set-up before their release by Finance or Partners.
- To ensure quarterly intercompany settlements have been agreed and paid with each corresponding office.
- To guarantee that all residual balances are reviewed on a monthly basis and attend monthly COFA meetings.
- To be the main point of contact in the SRA audit and guarantee queries are dealt with on a prompt basis for the annual Financial Audit.