Accounting and Financial Reporting Technical Advisor - Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum|
We are currently working with a top 10 accountancy practice to expand their Accounting & Financial Reporting technical reporting team. This team is a commercially driven and client centric technical accounting team, within this firm's Accounting and Business Advisory department, specialised in all aspects of IFRS, UK GAAP and the Companies Act 2006.
The projects are varied in nature and include GAAP Conversions (IFRS and UK GAAP), reporting in respect of new standards (specifically IFRS 9, 15 & 16), group re-organisations, expert witness work, ad-hoc opinions on the application of GAAP and other general financial reporting assignments.
This individual will be actively involved in business development alongside the Accounting and Financial Reporting Advisory senior team and will contribute to growing the department and the firm
- To proactively develop, maintain and generate leads and opportunities from own internal and external personal network. To contribute to growing the department and the firm by participating in targeting and lead generation, supporting proposals to new clients and agreeing on projects with the firm's existing clients.
- To lead the profitable delivery of accounting and financial reporting services on a portfolio of clients. Expected to work alongside other service lines and report into the client relationship Partner on matters of additional advisory and client care. Expected to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To support the development of thought leadership and marketing pieces and to host internal and external related events to raise the profile of the team.
- To develop and inspire less senior members of the team in their progression, whilst overseeing and reviewing their work and ensuring firm policy and procedures are followed.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill the Institute's CPD requirements
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Office Managing Partner.
- Candidates should be either ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent. Minimum 3 years PQE.
- Previous experience of managing a portfolio of accountancy or audit clients within an Accountancy Practice preferred.
- Sound financial reporting skillset under IFRS and UK GAAP, with experience of applying principles in complex situations, gained either in practice or in industry.
- Excellent communicator with proven experience of building lasting client relationships.
- Ability and enthusiasm to contribute positively to business development from both new and existing clients.
- Advanced coaching and development skills, with experience in managing and supervising teams.
- A team player able to work closely at all levels from Partners to junior staff.
- Ability to deliver results autonomously - a "self-starter".
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to travel on an ad-hoc basis.
If this role is of interest, please apply with your most updated CV.