Accounting & Financial Reporting Senior
A top 10 accountancy practice is currently expanding their accounting & financial reporting team due to a growing client base.
This role will give you the opportunity to take ownership of your client relationships, building strong rapport with clients and be involved in supervising junior staff.
- Responsible for client portfolio ensuring accurate preparation of management accounts and other tasks within deadlines and budgets set
- Accurate and timely preparation of (often complex/bespoke) management accounts and other reporting
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales lists and Intrastat returns
- Training clients in use of their accounts systems
- Work in accordance with the defined systems and procedures
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments with assistance (usually solving clients accounting system issues)
- Ability to analytically review results and analyse KPIs
- Recognise issues with European implications and act accordingly (e.g. VAT, taxation, foreign currency)
- Prepare an audit file which could be submitted to the client's auditors
- Maintain strong client relationships and confidentiality
- Participate in regular client debriefs as required
You will be:
- a qualified or near qualified accountant with good knowledge of IFRS/UKGAAP
- able to use the billing software, preparing monthly fees for submission to clients within deadlines, explain low recoveries and propose actions on them, follow up on these * Be able to manage own work flow and delegate appropriate tasks
- able to demonstrate confidence when attending meetings, prepare concise, structured agendas and follow through promptly on the action points arising
- able to display an awareness of the basis of RSM SLA/engagements and proactively monitor these against recoveries achieved, suggesting revisions where necessary
- drive day to day working practices to maximise efficiencies
If this is of interest, please apply with an updated CV.