Accounting & Financial Reporting Senior
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Team of a top 10 accountancy practice are looking for a qualified accountant (or finalist) to take the role as an Accounting & Financial Reporting Senior. You will be mainly responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients at all levels from SMEs through to large corporates.
- Preparing year end statutory accounts in advance of audits under FRS, LLP and UK GAAP
- Ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client
- Plan assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client including likely costs and billing arrangements
- Brief junior staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and provide feedback where necessary
- Perform the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- Liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- Candidates must be part or fully ACA or ACCA qualified or have significant relevant experience
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Strong accounts production skills
If this is of interest, please apply with an updated CV.