Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager - top 10 practice
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum|
A top 10 accounting firm is currently recruiting for an Accounting manager for their Accounting and Financial Reporting Advisory team in London, servicing lmix of fast-growth companies, established owned-managed businesses, and large and listed corporates across a variety of sectors.
The main purpose of this role is to manage resources within the Accounting and Business Advisory department whom are specialised in all aspects of IFRS, UK GAAP and the Companies Act 2006. The projects are varied in nature and include GAAP Conversions (IFRS and UK GAAP), reporting in respect of new standards (specifically IFRS 9, 15 & 16), group reorganisations, expert witness work, ad-hoc opinions on the application of GAAP and other general financial reporting assignments.
- Lead the delivery of accounting and financial reporting services on a portfolio of clients, working alongside other service lines and report into the client relationship Partner on matters of additional advisory and client care. Expected to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Proactively develop, maintain and generate leads and opportunities from own internal and external personal network. To contribute to growing the department and the firm by participating in targeting and lead generation, supporting proposals to new clients and agreeing projects with the firm's existing clients.
- Supporting the development of thought leadership and marketing pieces and to host internal and external related events to raise the profile of the team.
- Develop and inspire less senior members of the team in their progression, whilst overseeing and reviewing their work and ensuring firm policy and procedures are followed.
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA OR ACCA) with a minimum of 4 years PQE
- Have relevant working experience within the accountancy practice space, managing a portfolio of accountancy or audit clients
- Sound financial reporting skillset under IFRS and UK GAAP, with experience of applying principles in complex situations
- Have excellent communication skills
- Understand other client facing service areas: audit, tax, theatre division, payroll
- Excellent client handling and relationship skills
- Develop specialist expertise relevant to servicing client portfolio
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrate effective management and leadership style that inspires others
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your most current CV.