Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager - top 10 practice
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
A top 10 accounting firm is currently recruiting for an Accounting & Financial Reporting manager for their outsourcing team, servicing large corporates through to SME's.
As your role will include covering year-end statutory accounts in advance of audit, you will have a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, LLP SORP and UK GAAP is essential.
The successful candidate will be qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross sell and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To brief the team on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and delegate tasks to more junior member of the team as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for the line management of more junior members of the team and ensure feedback is provided when necessary.
- To perform the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis.
- To closely monitor the practice management system reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- Be ACA/ACCA Qualified, with the ability to read and interpret accounting standards and apply them to commercial situations
- Have the ability to demonstrate commercial awareness with strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Business Development experience and an ability to win work from both new and existing clients (or a strong interest in building these skills over the short term)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong accounts production skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply with an updated CV immediately!