International commercial law firm, are looking for an Interim Year End Accountant to join them on a 6-month contract basis.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the lead up to year-end and provide accounting support to their International offices to cover maternity leaves as well as providing support during a busy period due to projects.
Provide cover for their International Offices Finance Manager to cover maternity leave:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of month-end journals in line with Global Accounting Policy
- Prepare monthly payroll & related journals including liaison with Dubai Office Manager
- Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of Monthly Office & Client Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of Quarterly Balance Sheet reporting pack
- Assist with documentation, controls and procedures required due to implementation of VAT in the UAE with effect from 1st January 2018.
- Liaison with the Head of Office/Office Manager in charge of the other offices to discuss the management accounts and key variances
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts for to ensure minimal changes post year-end close
- Monitoring cash balances and preparation of cash-flow
- Act as primary liaison with auditors during year-end audit process
- Ensuring monthly intercompany confirmations are sent and quarterly settlements are agreed
- Provide accounting support to the Group Accounting team as required in the lead up to year-end with the following
- Following up with offices on year-end action points
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and highlighting issues
- Assist on Partner accounting journals as part of year-end process
- Assist other team members with additional workload in the lead up to year-end due to new joiners requiring training
- Work closely with the Group Accounting team to ensure Global Projects are implemented successfully in the International offices
- Global Intercompany Project
- Global Banking Tender
To be successful in your application, you will need to hold an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CMA) and have solid management accounting experience with a focus on balance sheets. Global accounts experience will be essential and group consolidation work will be highly advantageous. Law firm background is preferred at this stage.