UK Tax Manager
Interim UK Tax Manager position available at leading global law firm.
The UK Tax Manager will support with the management of the UK tax affairs firmwide. The role is responsible for leading the delivery of UK tax compliance work needed to meet firm filing and payment obligations and advising the business on UK direct and indirect tax matters.
As the UK Tax Manager you will be responsible for:
- Manage the preparation of the main UK LLP's Worldwide 'Trading Income' Income Tax computation (profits c. £400m+), for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Manage the preparation of UK tax computations for various other UK and non UK Partnerships.
- Manage the preparation of corporate tax and other returns for the LLP's subsidiary corporate entities.
- Advising senior stakeholders across the business on key tax considerations impacting commercial decisions .
- Key role in year-end closing process, including preparation of Deferred Tax calculations.
- Capital Allowance work.
- Oversight of completion of quarterly VAT returns and European Sales List (ESL) returns (through Brexit transition period).
- Management of partial exemption calculations.
- Advising partners and client engagement teams on complex VAT matters.
- Key role in managing relationship with UK tax authorities, HMRC, including responsibility for any enquiries.
- Leading ad hoc projects, e.g. in relation to property planning matters, tax digitalisation, Brexit etc.
- Key role in the management and release cycles for partner tax reserves.
If this is of interest and you have a background within partnership tax and have proven experience of operating at a senior level, then please apply to avoid missing out.