Ambition is representing a leading international Law Firm who are currently looking for a proactive Internal Auditor to join the firms strong global presence and reputation in providing an excellent service. As an Internal Auditor, you will have the opportunity to provide an independent assessment of the firm's operations and internal controls, as well as ensuring compliance with SRA principle. You will be an integral member within the Internal Audit team and will be reporting to the Senior Internal Audit Manager. The opportunity will enable you to travel to their international offices for up to 20% of your time annually.
Corporate responsibility is an important part of this firms culture and they are committed to creating a diverse & inclusive working environment, so that all their employees are able to reach their full potential.
As the Internal Auditor some of your responsibilities include:
- Effectively complete audit planning, fieldwork and reporting for operational, financial and compliance reviews of 19+ locations worldwide.
- Prepare audit reports that accurately summarise the most significant control weaknesses, unmitigated risks and resulting impacts to the firm, and co-ordinate development of action plans.
- Follow up the clearance of audit findings with central management, local office heads and accountants.
- Identify improvement opportunities in business processes, proposing changes and working with applicable departments to implement.
- Lead role in firm-wide risk assessment to identify audits for inclusion in annual plan by meeting with senior management to understand business changes and identify risk areas.
- Monthly review of the Financial Compliance checklists submitted by the offices, liaising with the international finance managers to understand/resolve any submission deviations.
- Support external led reviews of IT and Cyber risks.
- Assist in maintenance of firm's risk register and internal policies and procedures.
- Help to build and maintain Internal Audit's presence and reputation across the firm.
- Monitor the management of client money within the framework of the SRA Accounts Rules, review breaches registers and ensure adequacy of reporting and corrective action.
- Conduct regular reviews of adherence to the firm's procedures for administration of client money and that all balances are properly maintained.
- Follow-up infringements of the Rules directly with the partners and staff responsible.
- Provide support during the external annual audit as necessary.
To be successful in this Internal Auditor position, some of the requirements include:
- Prior Audit experience in an accountancy practice or within an internal audit department
- Part qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build a good rapport and be a team player
If you fit the Internal Auditor description above and are interested in a new challenge within a Law Firm, then please apply with your updated CV.