NEWLY CREATED Finance Manager position available in relatively new London office of an international law firm. With 250 partners globally and 20 partners/lawyers currently in London (with plans to grow over the next couple of years) you will play a very important part in the group finance team.
As a newly created position, you will take on a broad range of tasks and later in the year, take an active role in hiring one other person who you will manager.
Duties will include all elements of:
- Managing billing, WIP and credit control, accounts payable, expense budget control, intercompany accounting, reconciliation accounts as well as all aspects of Client Money accounting including the operation of the firms client and office accounts and regulatory reporting, to ensure compliance with SRA rules and requirements.
- Business controlling, supporting department leaders, client responsible and matter responsible with relevant financial information and key variance reports
- The preparation of the firm's annual statutory accounts and yearend audit process, including liaising with the Auditors.
- VAT and tax reporting, cash forecasting, budget preparation as well as weekly and monthly management reporting (all at Group level)
- Client and matter onboarding.
Previous law firm experience is required for this role as a knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules will be needed. Someone who is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), and has previous management accounting experience gained at a Senior level.
This role would suit someone who enjoys the challenge of working in a fast growing and developing office and who wants to be proactive in managing the challenges and responsibility that this growth brings. The firm is a young, energetic and high-performing business operating in a friendly, inclusive environment without hierarchy.