Finance Business Manager
Very exciting commercial finance role has opened up at Top International Law Firm as their one of their Divisional Business Managers. Reporting into the Global Commercial Director you will be supporting the divisional heads in driving financial performance.
Within the role of Divisional Business Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build a close relationship with senior stakeholders to support and work alongside them to help apply the firm and divisional strategy.
- To take on a leadership role in reviewing and implementing excellent operational management of the global division.
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the division, particularly on the EMEA region and working closely with the Asia Pacific based Business Manager.
Your key areas of focus will include:
- The maximisation of financial performance, efficiency and discipline.
- Client and matter pricing and profitability management.
- Divisional profit and loss account management.
- Divisional planning, budgets and forecasting.
- Be responsible for the division's input into the firm's annual budgeting and financial planning processes.
- Provide the appropriate advice on fee proposals and pitches a you work closely with partners, Commercial Finance and Business Development teams.
- To create upfront financial plans for specific legal projects such as: consideration of alternative pricing structures, service levels and resourcing requirements.
- The monitoring of fee arrangements post-matter inception, challenge recovery rates and assess resourcing compared to the financial plan.
- Monitoring of the financial performance across the division and to advise DHs/PHs on operational issues affecting financial performance.
- Working with the DH and PHs and the central Financial Management team to oversee working capital exposure, making sure that set targets are being hit with a focus on large or old balances being properly addressed.
- Overseeing the activity levels and support the DH/PHs of over/under capacity in differing areas.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional business qualification i.e, ACA, ACCA, or MBA.
- A candidate who can provide evidence of an ability to deliver quality analysis, solutions and advice at a senior management level.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A candidate who is experienced in a professional services environment is essential, with business partnering as an ideal advantage.