The US and UK team of a top 10 are in need of an Expatriate Tax Manager to join their growing team. You will be working in an extremely supportive environment alongside a great bunch of people.
This role will provide UK and US Expatriate Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients of predominantly corporate clients with internationally mobile employees as well as some private clients with UK and US compliance and advisory needs.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria.
- Liaise with HMRC/IRS/State tax authorities on matters such as Expatriate compliance reviews and audits into tax returns and notices issued.
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience.
- Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group.
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team.
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions.
- Expatriate tax training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within the business and counterparts in their other international offices.
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent and or EA/CPA qualified.
- Demonstrable post qualified experience.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
If this role is of interest, please apply or send your cv directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend