Collections Advisor - Insurance
Newly created Collections Advisor for law firm who specialise in Insurance, looking to bring collections brokering in house. Initially a 12 month FTC position with the hope of turning permanent.
Key duties include:
- Providing a comprehensive credit control service - pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within Kennedys agreed payment terms
- To identify the type of market they are invoicing Lloyds, Lirma, IAU, Company, overseas and use the appropriate collection method for each
- Seek the relevant authorisations needed from market leads to proceed with collection of our invoices
- Liaise with clients to resolve complexed issues to enable collection of our invoices
- Full processing of invoices - from sending the invoice for initial approval to final settlement via ECF/Class
- Proactively engage fee earners and partners to improve collections and reduce debtor days - attend monthly meetings with fee earners and partners to agree collection plans
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased - ensuring that any issues are identified and escalated promptly to the partner or finance management as appropriate
- Ensure the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary.
- Working collaboratively with the other finance teams (cashiering, billing and database) to provide an excellent service to our partners and clients
- Knowledge of all aspects of ECF/CLASS system
- Working knowledge of a Credit Control function
- Strong communication skills - will also be working with their offices globally
- Enjoy being part of a big team of Legal Credit Controllers