Permanent Billing Specialist position available at US law firm as replacement hire. As the Billing Specialist you will working in a team of 2 others, taking responsibility for the London offices billing using Elite. The firm is due to be migrating over to Elite 3e in the near future so experience of either system would be advantageous.
As the Billing Specialist you will:
- Produce through Elite ELBS drafts, bills & credit notes
- Produce and manage pro-forma production for monthly and transactional billing
- Chasing monthly bills with appropriate Partners
- Monitoring bill production with strict compliance with the firms procedures, ensuring that all Alternative Fee Arrangements are adhered to and correctly identified on Elite.
- Distribute finalised bills to appropriate departments and maintain the bill filing within the accounts department.
- Produce missing/pending time reports and process instructions received.
- Control and reconcile anticipated time and disbursement records.
- Develop processes and workflows to enhance the services of billing.
- Provide training and support to other members of the firm on billing, paperless pro-forma and e-billing.
To be successful in your application strong knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is essential (so legal billing experience is required) as well as good working knowledge of VAT and Excel. All of which will be assessed during the interview process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hardworking, supportive finance team and the successful person will be supported if they wish to learn any new skills or attend any external courses to improve their knowledge.
Flexible working will be offered once the firm returns to the office from September - 2/3 days a week in the office VS 2/3 days a week working from home.